As a Self Regulatory Organization (SRO) which is required to apply Good Corporate Governance (GCG) in performing its business, KPEI refers to BAPEPAM-LK Rule No. III.B 8 dated April 10, 2008 and the Chairman of BAPEPAM-LK No. Kep-643 / BL / 2012 dated December 7, 2012, and KPEI established an Audit Committee with membership structure of at least one commissioner and at least two people who are not affiliated with the Company. This committee serves to assist the Board of Commissioners to exercise supervision over the implementation of Board of Directors’ functions in accordance with the corporate governance principles.
Role and Duties of Audit Committee includes:
The Audit Committee advises the Board of Commissioners on reports or matters submitted by the Board of Directors to the Board of Commissioners, identify issues that require the Company’s Board of Commissioners attention and execute other tasks related to the duties of Board of Commissioners as follows:
- Financial Statements
- Ensuring the Company's independent auditors implement auditing standards in accordance to applicable regulations;
- Provide advice on the use of non-audit services to be assigned to Company’s independent auditor, based on Board of Commissioner’s assignment;
- Perform reviews on financial information to be published by the Company such as financial statements, projections and other financial information.
- Internal Control;
- Communicate regularly with Internal Audit Unit and other relevant stakeholders, in order to maintain the effectiveness of internal controls, and to ensure that audit findings are followed properly, and ensure that Company’s operations is in accordance with the applicable regulations and legislation;
- In the event that independent auditor’s appointment did not follow the Indonesia Stock Exchange, the Audit Committee selects and proposes independent auditor candidates to audit the financial statements of the Company, proposes services fee of the audit, as well as supervise the independent auditor’s work, including proposing the independent auditor’s dismissal if during the execution of their duties they do not meet the applicable regulations standards;
- Analyze and evaluate reports received regarding management decisions beyond the established provisions;
- Receive, examine and pursue complaints related to the Company to the Board of Commissioners, and monitor the follow-up actions;
- Carry out other duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners under the provisions of the applicable regulations.
With regards to the fulfilled activities and assignment, the Audit Committee shall maintain the confidentiality of the company’s documents, data and information received or obtained.
Members of KPEI Audit Committee :
|1||Abraham Bastari||Commissioner / Chairman|
|2||Margeret Mutiara Tang||Commissioner / Member|
|3||Irina Justina Zega||Member|