Participants who are eligible for equity transactions clearing and settlement guarantee of are Clearing Members (CM) and Custodian Bank (CB). Those who become CM are exchange members (EM) listed on the Indonesia Stock Exchange. EM or CM able to place orders, transact, receive clearing up the settlement guarantee for equity transactions, both for CM as well as its clients portfolios.
CM are obligated to open a special account in the payment bank for transaction settlement and that account is registered on the Indonesia Central Securities Depository (KSEI). Some accounts are directly managed by KPEI, while others by KSEI.
The following securities account structure shows accounts that are to be opened by CM and its clients:
Definitions for the accounts above:
- Depository Account (001 Account) is an account used to record securities and/or cash belonging to AK itself.
- Depository Sub Account (001 Sub Account) is an account used to record securities and/or funds belonging to AK clients
- Settlement Account (002 Account or Delivery/Receiving Account) is an account used for delivery and/or receipt of securities and/or cash to/from KPEI.
- Collateral Account (004 Account) is an account used to record securities or cash pledged as collateral by AK to KPEI
- Collateral Sub Account (004 Sub Account) is an account used record securities or cash pledged as collateral by AK Clients to KPEI