Knowledge and Learning for Innovation at KPEI or also called KLIK is one strategy to maintain the continuity of knowledge, data or information (information knowledge) in a sustainable manner. KLIK is owned by all KPEI employees and management and aims to improve KPEI’s service to its service users.
Company information or data are important assets; therefore they need to be managed properly and safely. KPEI create a system that is Knowledge Management Portal (KM Portal) as a medium to store or distribute information. KM Portal, a web-application which is the main tool for participants of KLIK (referred as KLIK'ers), facilitates the KM cycle processes such as sharing, retrieval, validation, application, documentation and renewal. The culture to always share information that is usually performed orally can now be channeled in the form of text or images through the KM Portal. All information related to KPEI business operations and other activities such as skills and expertise of all employees can be stored in this system.
In order for the implementation of KLIK to run optimally, it is required for some parties to have a strong commitment to voluntarily drive and promote the system for the benefit of all. For that goal, the Company formed a KLIK management structure through a Board of Directors’ decree, presented as follows:
KPEI use theme “KM KITA” to motivate all of management and employee to always sharing knowledge. KM KITA is a constitute of KLIKérs, Innovation, Technology and Awareness. The description of each word for KM KITA are follows:
- KLIK’ers are People who drive behind KLIK, and KLIK is learning as a cornerstone for KLIK’ers
- Innovation is The illustration of KLIK’s continued learning and improvement towards better direction
- Technology is A commitment of KLIK’s continued priority in technology, by placing the KM Portal as a facility and repository of all KLIK activities
- Awareness is A reminder that KLIK belongs to all KLIK’ers, and that KLIK’ers have a duty to continually develop KLIK
To realize a culture of information sharing, communities that discuss specific activities are also formed, such as community to discuss risk management, investment community, community related to common interest in specific skills or recreational interests, and others. Some of the community already has platforms called Community of Practice (CoP). Each CoP has its own management, whose election offered to employees that have interest and expertise on the subject and have the passion to share knowledge. Some of the CoP that are currently available and actively performed are:
- Risk Management CoP (CoP Marco), that discuss topics surrounding risk management, from basic knowledge of risk management, operational risk, risk management in KPEI, risk management systems and enterprise risk management.
- Investment CoP (CoPIN), that discuss investment theories, investment portfolio alternatives, and investment products.
- Hobby CoP
- Language CoP, that facilitates studying English grammar, vocabulary, conversation, writing dan listening.
- Photography CoP, that facilitates studying basic techniques of photography, photography tools, and photography arts.
- Sports CoP, that facilitates soccer, badminton, tennis, table tennis, and squash.
- Art CoP (CoP Art Station – CoPAS), consisting music and dance arts.