To create an effective and efficient management system, as well as to enhance the principles of transparency, accountability, responsibility, independence, and fairness in management of the Company, KPEI committed to apply the good corporate governance (GCG) principles. These corporate governance principles are vital tools for KPEI as a Company as well as Self Regulatory Organization (SRO), which must ensure that the organization management runs in accordance with the regulations so KPEI can provide the best services for Indonesia Capital Market.
In line with the issuance of Republic of Indonesia Act Number 40 Year 2007 regarding Limited Liability Company, Indonesia Code of Good Corporate Governance issued by the National Committee on Governance Policies and the OECD Principles of Corporate Governance published by the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), KPEI needs to establish a GCG implementation framework in accordance with the principles of good corporate governance. KPEI GCG implementation framework consists of major organs that were assisted by the supporting organs such as Audit Committee assisting the Board of Commissioners, committees established by the Financial Services Authority Regulation tasked to assist the Board of Directors in performing KPEI function as Clearing and Guarantee Institution, Corporate Secretary and Internal Audit. Furthermore, in order that major organs, supporting organs, as well as employees of the Company can synergize with one another, then each entity involved in the management of the Company's business is equipped with the guidelines (code), charter, as well as the operational policies and procedures as a standard reference in performing its duty and functions. The Company will also issue reports as a form of its accountability to stakeholders.
KPEI GCG implementation aims to:
- Achieve maximum growth and return thus increasing the Company’s progress, and to realize shareholder value in the long term without ignoring the interests of other stakeholders.
- Controlling and directing the good relationship between the Shareholders, Board of Commissioners, Board of Directors and all Company’s stakeholders.
- Support the Company's internal control and development activities.
- Develop resources more responsibly.
- Improve the quality of accountability to stakeholders.
- Cultivate GCG in the Company's working culture.
- Increase the Company's added value to increase the benefits for company’s stakeholders and improve the welfare of all KPEI elements.
While the goals of GCG KPEI implementation are:
- The implementation of a reliable management system, so as to formulate the mission, vision, goals and objectives in line with the strategic plan of the Company.
- The openness and good two-way communication with the regulator, service users and other stakeholders.
- A well-functioning internal control and development supporting organs activities of the Company, including the Audit Committee, Credit and Risk Management Policy (KKKPR), Haircut Committee, and Internal Audit.
- Commitment and implementation rules of ethical business practices.
- Human resources that are reliable, excel, professional and free from conflicts of interest.
- Every element of the Company knows and is capable of performing their roles, duties, and responsibilities in accordance to applicable regulations and is aware of their sanctions and rewards.
- Concern for the surrounding community.